Wednesday, May 18, 2011

2009 - 2010 - 2011: Where's My Money?

I have been employed with my current company since March 2009.

I was just thinking where the heck did all my money go? I started at the company with a salary of $38,500 and received 2 raises and 2 bonuses since.

2009 is a blur. I really don't know where my money went. All I know is I spent a lot of money that Christmas 2009. It was my first time buying presents on a salary.

2010 I took a bunch of trips. I went on a cruise to Mexico, a mini vacation to Palm Springs, 4-day trip to Washington D.C, planned/paid for a baby shower, went to Las Vegas for my friends bachelorette and planned/paid for a lot of that too. Just lots and lots of random expenses.

2011 is clearer now that I have a plan. I did start off the year by adding on more debt with my trip to Miami and Europe. But I'm also on my way to paying off a total two credit cards! Working on my third soon.

I finally set a date to be debt free as well. I calculated that I should be debt free by February 2012 or sooner if I really push it.

No comments:

Post a Comment